The host city, Coimbatore, is well known for its attitude towards adopting technological upgradation and innovations in the industry. Its flexibility and supernatural aptitude to discover an opportunity even in the most challenging circumstances have seen it emerge stronger from every low.
Enterprises are in its ethnicity. Today an impressive range of products and services are made in and around Coimbatore. The city is all set to become the global hub for Manufacturing & Outsourcing. It accounts for manufacturing goods and services worth Rs. 1,25,000 crore and export earnings of over Rs. 45,000 crore per annum.
COIMBATORE - A FUTURE MANUFACTURING HUB
- Codissia is developing Two World Class State of the Art
- Indo Rama to setup a new synthetic factory at a cost of Rs. 4500 crore.
- BGR Energy group & Hitachi is setting up a plant at Rs. 2325 crore to manufacture Turbines, Generators & Boilers.
- ADD Industrial Park is setting up an integrated textile park in 2200 acres at an investment of Rs. 3100 crore.
- Praxair to open facility in Coimbatore.
- Hansen Transmission has set up Rs. 1500 Crore project near
- Suzlon gets nod for first SEZ unit near Coimbatore.
- 1000 acres Rail Coach Factory to setup near Coimbatore.
- BEML to setup a new unit in Kinfra Integrated Industrial Park near Coimbatore.
- L&T’s high-tech Manufacturing Hub in Coimbatore gets into gear.
- Robert Bosch opens its facility at Coimbatore.
- Schuf inaugurates new design and production plant in Coimbatore.
- Valvitalia, an Italian valves and energy equipment manufacturing company inaugurates plant in Coimbatore.
- Virgo Engineering Limited recently has set up an State of the Art unit in Coimbatore.
COIMBATORE - THE HOST CITY
- Host to over 63,000 Micro, Small & Medium Manufacturing
Enterprises & over 2000 Large Enterprises.
- This Region amounts for Exports worth Rs. 45,000 crore from
wide spectrum of Industry segment ranging from Pumps, Motors, Machine Tools, Automotive Components, Textile Machineries, General Engineering, Metallurgy, Foundry, Valves, Injection Mouldings, Industrial Plastics, Gears, Knitwear &
Textiles, Gems & Jewellery, Poultry & Agriculture, etc.
- This region has 4 Software Parks and 91 Mid-Size IT companies.
- India's 84% of Textile Machineries & 52% of Pumps (Industrial & Domestic) are manufactured in Coimbatore.
- The city with highest number of Spinning Mills in the World.
- World's best state of the art Foundries are in this City.
- This region has 3 State owned Universities, 6 Private Deemed Universities, 2 Medical Colleges, more than 75 Engineering Colleges, over 110 Arts and Science College & 13 Polytechnics.
- The City with highest number of Research Institutes in the country.
- This city is strategically located in a tri-junction position to the states of Tamilnadu, Karnataka & Kerala.
- 1st in India consumer confidence index - survey - ET intelligence group - August 6th 2004.
- 5th investment friendly city in India - CII survey 2003.
- 8th best city in India - A Business Today survey 2001.
- 5th largest city among southern states.
- This city has countries Second Largest permanent column free trade fair complex.
- Coimbatore has about 10 Convention centres and 2 Trade Fair Complex.
- Coimbatore has a Golf Club and a Motor Rally Track.
EARLIER EDITIONS OF GMCV 2020